Paul has built a strong reputation in undertaking both contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency work. As a result, he has previously enjoyed regular inclusion in the Legal 500 as a leading authority on this sector. Paul has held the position of a Regional Chairman for R3 (the Association of Business Recovery Professionals) and for many years was on the courses and conferences committee.
Paul’s experience includes;
- Wide range of non-contentious and contentious insolvency work, including advising insolvency practitioners, lenders, companies, directors, and creditors in respect of members’ and creditors’ voluntary liquidations, compulsory windings up, administrations, receiverships, adequacy and enforcement of security, directors’ duties and the recovery of assets within the United Kingdom and internationally. More particularly:
- Involved in the administration and other rescue procedures regarding a number of professional football clubs. As well as negotiating the sale of the club, also involved in talks with the PFA and FA from 1992 to the present day. He was recently involved in the administration of Derby County football club.
- Assisting the partners at KPMG, in pursuing recoveries against a clearing bank, Inland Revenue and directors in excess of £3m.
- Working closely with the Special Compliance Office of the Inland Revenue.
- Dealing with a hostile administrative receivership sale within 16 hours of walking into the premises.
- Several successful high profile Directors’ Disqualification Defence cases.
- Advising administrative receivers on the sale of a substantial hotel complex.
- Sale of mail order company to a national name.